Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a day

Everyone has one - a day that starts out with a bang and then quickly fizzles. Well today was one of those days. Pepper and I headed out early to buy some gardening supplies and we were going to spend the morning in the yard finishing a project we started yesterday.

But thanks to the gale force winds, are plans changed. We went to Walmart to search for some plants and some weed killer and the wind was already so forceful that I decided we needed to change the day's plans.

So our next adventure was going to be ride the rail system to downtown Denver and meet up with Daddy for lunch or something. He was at a trade show in the city. Well after showering and changing 2 poopy diapers (yes 2!) we finally got into the car to go on our merry way.

On the way there though, I realized that I needed cash to purchase our round trip ticket on the train. So I took a detour through the bank and again we set out. But lo and behold, I didn't go to the station that I am familiar with because I couldn't find it. Don't laugh, I have only been there twice (and yes Jim drove once and I followed him once). If you know me at all, you know I have no sense of direction. Anyway, I thought okay this station will work. So we arrived at the station and the wind was so bad it slammed my door shut after I opened it (Yikes). I should have stopped right there. But no, I didn't.

So I purchased our ticket and then went to catch the train after figuring out which one we needed. And when I got to where I thought the loading area was, no elevator, just a steep stair case. Not so friendly for a mom with a one year old in tow in a STROLLER. So I took Pepper out and hiked up the stairs only to find out that you have to cross the street and go back down the stairs to the loading platform.

With a now cranky baby in tow and sweating from the first hike up the stairs I decided to give up. We went back down the stairs - both baby and stroller in hand of course. And sadly went back to the car and informed hubby that we would not be coming.

Of course Pepper was ticked that she had to get in her car seat again so soon - she was pleading not to. But I had to force her in so we could go home and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment