Thursday, November 19, 2009

Welcome to SuperMom - the adventures of a stay at home mom

Okay so that is a very windy title for something, but the site name was available. Why am I writing this you ask, because I desperately want to get paid for writing some day. And a good friend of mine once told me, that in order to do that you need discipline, you need to write.

So here I am.

Do I think I am a super mom - well maybe not in the sense that I have special powers or that I am the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything, but I was thinking of something my oldest daughter, Libby's friend said once.

You see I had this pair of shoes, they were rather comfortable for a while and I would wear them a lot. And her friend called them my "super mom" shoes. Kind of funny, so that was the inspiration for the blog title.

A little about myself, for those that don't know. I am 40 - eeks 40 years old. It was a hard milestone. Most people don't think that I look 40 (thank goodness). While just the other day, someone thought I was Libby's sister and not her mom. Little did that person know, Libby is not my oldest.....I also have a son, Rick who is 21 and yes if you have read my other blog (http://pregnantagainat38.blogspot.com/) you know that I have an infant almost toddler, Pepper. She will be an adoring 1 year old on November 27, 2009.

I have been married to my wonderful husband Jim for over 17 years. My how the time has flown.

I used to work in the teleservices industry for over 11 years. But after the birth of Pepper, I realized my hearts desire was to stay at home with her. And my loving husband called me up one day and said go for it - after I had gone back to work following her birth. So we are going on 9 months of being a stay at home mom and still going strong!

This blog will be my outreach to the world, a journal of my adventures as a stay at home mom - welcome friends both old and hopefully I will meet some new!

1 comment:

  1. Go for it Nancy. I know you can do it. You are a very special person and you have lots of interesting things to tell.

    ReplyDelete